National Themed Events
The Annual Get-together in 2019 gave its blessing to the idea of themed events. A sub-group of the National Committee, led by our Chairman, is taking this idea forward.
The purposes are
- to do something of value to local communities
- to give a platform to raise the profile of Walkers are Welcome, both locally and nationally
- to build cohesion between Walkers are Welcome groups
- to have fun and get a sense of well-being through doing something worthwhile
- The lock down lifting event as towns gradually restart their activities in line with government guidelines we are encouraging towns to publish a news item about their first event on our news page. By the second week of July there were 6 events there, including one committee meeting.
- Litter pick 2021 We are hoping to run this event this time around. Many towns will have plans for 2020 that were thwarted and can be rolled out for 2021. This time the event will run throughout March 2021. More details later.
- Celebrating our heritage – Autumn 2021 All our towns and villages have something to celebrate. This event will contain a diversity of opportunities to explore these. More details later.
- CLICK HERE for details of the first event which was to be held in March 2020 and was to have been the Walkers are Welcome National Litter-Pick Unfortunately this event had to be CANCELLED due to the Coronavirus advice.