Bingley Walkers are Welcome fantastic Heritage Open Day feedback
In September Bingley Walkers are Welcome held a Heritage Open Day telling the history of Bingley St Ives Estate. Visitors had a glimpse of the area that English Heritage entered into the register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in 2009. The event attracted sixty walkers and Bingley were delighted with the following feedback received from Heritage Open Days.
- I found the walk and the people very nice and informative the lady leading the walk knew lots about the area and that was very good.
- Was a very enjoyable and informative day out .
- It gave me an interesting insight to a place that I thought I knew well! Very informative
- It was interesting and gave me information about my local area that I’m quite new to.
- Well organised walk and tour of the estate. It was great to hear about historic fact and find hidden gems which I had no idea were there despite knowing the estate very well.
- I enjoy local history and the detail given on the day of the walk around the estate was exceptional
- I attended following a previous historical walk in Bingley, the history of Bingley in intertwined with St Ives. I wished to learn more of the families involved.